Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue rending long pages with multiple tables

Deleted user August 4, 2014

In our Confluence production instance (5.5.2) there is a page that is very long with a good number of tables on it. About half way down the tables do not render correctly. On edit they will show properly but once you save the data is still there just not the cell borders. I have looked at the code for the page and where the tables are and match the code for the tables above it. They match perfectly. Is there a known rendering issue for long Confluence pages?

7 answers

0 votes
Deleted user August 6, 2014

There is not a lot of formatting. I copied the page to be able to edit with out breaking the original but not to another Confluence instance. Let me get back to you on the rest of the questions.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

Interesting. I've had some experience with large confluence pages and large amounts of tabular data. First and foremost, the first point I must make is the same point that atlassian makes: Wiki pages are supposed to be PAGES, not a BOOK in and of itself. If we're having issues with the quanity of content on a page, perhaps we need to consider splitting this up into multiple pages.

I was under the impression that Apache HTTP Post protocol would be choking on your page size but now I'm less inclined to that thought since you're able to connect and see the same error via http://localhost:port

I'm going to hit you with some more detail questions here:

• Is there lots of formatting or images here?
  • Was this tabular data natively typed in or was it copy-pasted from Excel?
  • Have you recreated this page somewhere else to see if it suffers the same issues?
  • Can you show me an example of the data so I can try to recreate your issue? I see you already gave me your version number so I can try that out.
0 votes
Deleted user August 5, 2014

I was able to check and confirm that if I was to browse directly from the server to view it the page also did not display correctly

0 votes

I can confirm that it happens in Chrome and Firefox. I will see about testing on the localhost later today.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

Can you confirm that you receive this same visual glitch in all major browsers? Can you also try navigation to http://localhost:8090/ on the host machine and see if you still see the issue there? I'm trying to lock down if this is happening because of the Confluence software or the Apache software.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014

Can I ask how long it is, or how much tabular data is on this specific page?

0 votes

When exported to PDF it is 17 pages long with 27 tables.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events