Issue removing Spaces dropdown menu from an entire space

spearheadsoftware-admin June 6, 2016

I am trying to remove the Spaces drop down menu from a single Space in Confluence.  I have looked at this page :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-hide-elements-in-confluence-using-css-or-javascript-313458894.html

and ended up selecting 

Spaces | Space Directory | MySpace | Edit Space Details | Look And Feel | Stylesheet

I have added the following:

#space-directory-link {  

display:none !important;  

and saved the changes.  Upon reloading my Space, the Space drop down menu is still there.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.  The web linbk above says that because I am doing it in the StyleSheet I do not need the <style> and </style> tags and I cannot see anything obviously wrong with what I have entered.

I have tried the same with the people-directory-link selector and it works as expected but the space-directory-link selector does not.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

It seems like the name has changed in more recent versions of Confluence.  It is no longer "space-directory-link", it is now "space-menu-link".  If you use that name, it should work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events