Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue collector: How do I always collect the URL of the source page. Enabling environment check box

Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2019

Howdy,

I am configuring my issue collector in Jira and I want all Jira issues that my users create in Confluence always include environment data.

This is vital information that helps to recognize the page for which the question was rised or a response was left. Without this data, it's impossible to understand the source page and react on the problem.

Within the settings of every issue collector there's one that configures Jira to collect browser info. When enabled, the Collect browser info option ensures that Jira "Collects the environment data of the user, if they consent to being it collected. Thie data includes the browser type, screen resolution, referral header, and URL where the feedback was collected".

Issue.Collector.Config.png

The issue is, when a user clicks the feeback button, they see that the feedback form by default has the environment check box off.

Issue.Collector.Feedback.Form.png

As seen above, the Include data about your current enironment, like the browser and page URL check box is cleared by default. This leads us without the info about the page URL because, users simply leave off the check box. 

I understand that this is because we can't collect data without user consent, but could be somehow change the default setting for the check box from off to on?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Arshabhi Rai November 5, 2020

Updated answer: It works! Make sure to add the code snippet at the bottom of your page.

I updated the JavaScript and the checkbox is selected automatically.  This is what I  have:

JavaScript

jQuery.ajax({
URL: "<URL>",
type: "get",
cache: true,
dataType: "script"
});

window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS = {
'<ID>' :{
"triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
//Requires that jQuery is available!
$("#myCustomTrigger").click(function(e) {
e.preventDefault();
showCollectorDialog();
});
},
fieldValues: {

recordWebInfo: '1', // field Name
recordWebInfoConsent: ['1'] // field Id

}

}
};
HTML
<a href="#" id="docsFeedbackTrigger" class="docs-issue-collector">Provide feedback</a>

0 votes
Matt August 21, 2020

Do it with Javascript, it works great.

Detailed instructions on the 'Advanced Issue Collector' pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events