Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Tracker, moving pages when issue is closed.

Nick Martin December 14, 2017

Hi All,

I'm trying to find a way to archive old issues from one Section to another. So I have an issue tracker, with all my issues nested under this page. When I create a PDF export, i'd like the export to only include open issues, so my short term solution is to move closed issues to an archive page. Is there any method I can use to automate this, perhaps a macro?

2 answers

0 votes
Sarah_Wright January 9, 2018

I've done something similar and build my reports using labels so it's just a matter of removing the label. Of course the label has to be added at the outset which we do by copying a 'template' page.

I think editing labels is easier than moving pages for a typical user.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

Issues usually refers to Jira - could you explain what this "issue tracker" is in Confluence terms?

Something I put together, hoping I could avoid having to use JIRA. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

Ok, that's fine, but without knowing what an issue in terms of Confluence, we can't begin to tell you how to do this.  Page?  Blog?  User macro in content?  Page property?  etc.

Ah, sorry.

So yes, it's a page nested under another page. It uses page properties to track status and other information.

• Issue Tracker
    • Open Issue 1
    • Closed Issue 1
  • Archived Issue Tracker

I've got a page properties report on the main page, to track open issues with the label I specified in my template.

When I create a PDF export of my issue tracker and the contents below it, I don't want the export to include closed issues. So the easiest solution to that problem is moving closed issues to the archived page, but i'm trying to make this as simple as possible for end users. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2017

Hmm.  I don't think there is a more simple way to do it in this structure.  I'm pretty sure there's no way to do it even with other approaches in Confluence, because it's just not an issue tracker.

Nick Martin December 15, 2017

That's understandable. It's a bit outside of what Confluence was made for, but JIRA didn't have the cross function to Confluence I was hoping for. Most of the issue trackers are document based to build new processes, T/S articles, etc.. So confluence makes more sense to use. I'll probably end up using a hidden page properties with a set of instructions how to archive the case for end users. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events