Issue Statistics is not working well with newblank page

Divya Rani Bazar October 30, 2019

Issue Statistics gadget is working well with old blank page, unfortunately, it is not the case with new blank pages though the preview gives complete issue list against the percentage of completion, the same is not displayed upon publishing the page and only first 3 rows are displayed instead of all rows. The same macro with same inputs in old page is displaying as expected. 

Can we have this resolved. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2019

Hello @Divya Rani Bazar,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

To clarify, Issue Statistics gadget works fine on an older page, but not the new page when publishing.

• Is the old page using the old editor, and the new page using the new experience?
  • You stated that this works in the preview in edit mode, but not after publishing, is that right?
  • Could you show me an example of how it looks on the old page vs new page? 
  • Is the percentage also incorrect, or are you only missing some rows?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Regards,

Shannon

Divya Rani Bazar November 3, 2019

Hi Shannon, 

We have three scenarios here, 

1. Existing Old Page with Old Editor
  2. Existing Old Page with New Editor 
  3. New Page with New Editor 

Issue Statistics is working in cases 1 and 3 the below are the screenshots of the respective case. 

Case 1: Old Page - Old Editor.jpgCase 3: 

New Page - New Editor.jpg

Case 2: Here this page is an existing old page with new editor 

While inserting Issue Statistics, the preview here shows all records.

Existing Page - New Editor - Inserting Issue Statistics Gadget.jpg

But when saved to editor (this before publishing the page) only 3 records appear as shown below: 

Existing Page - New Editor - Issue Statistics Saved to Editor.jpg

Whatever is saved to editor appears in the published page as shown below.

Existing Page - New Editor - Issue Statistics Published.jpg

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

Hello @Divya Rani Bazar,

Thank you for those great screenshots. It really helps.

Can you tell me, for scenario #2, was the old page created on the old editor and then migrated to the new editor, or was it created on the new editor to start?

If you were to copy the affected page, does the issue persist? 

Regards,

Shannon 

Divya Rani Bazar November 8, 2019

Hi @Shannon S 

No, the old page is created on new editor and later after two weeks I tried including Issue Statistics gadget in the page. Though I could see all the rows in the preview, the published page failed to display all the records as shown in the above images for case 2.  

Regards 

Divya 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2019

Hello Divya,

Thank you for confirming that. So you already had created the page in the new editor, but didn't try to include it in an Issue Statistics gadget until 2 weeks later. Do I have that right?

Were you able to test copying the page to see if the issue occurs there too?

Regards,

Shannon

Divya Rani Bazar November 14, 2019

@Shannon S 

Yes, I already had created the page in the new editor, but didn't try to include it in an Issue Statistics gadget until 2 weeks later. 

As said above, I tried copying the page and included the issue statistics, but the same issue occurs.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2019

@Divya Rani Bazar,

Thank you very much for your explanation.

I discovered that you are most likely being affected by this bug:

• CONFCLOUD-66110 Pasting an "Issues Statistics" macro into a page that already contains this macro will result in different results on the pasted macro

Inserting a second "Issues Statistics" macro onto any page that already contains a "Issues Statistics" macro will result in the second macro displaying fewer results than the original macro did. 

There is no workaround for this issue at this time.

Can you please confirm if that sounds like your issue? In the customer case I reviewed, they were also only seeing 3 results in their gadget.

Regards,

Shannon 

Divya Rani Bazar November 20, 2019

@Shannon S 

Sorry to tell you that it is not the case, as I haven't used any "Issue Statics" macro in the page prior to the day when I inserted and encountered this issue. However, I have used multiple "JiraChart" macro in the same page and there is no disturbance with it. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 21, 2019

Hi Divya,

Because the results are the same - showing only 3 results on the published version - I think there is a chance that this is the same issue, but with a different root cause. Especially since it only occurs on a page in the new editor that already had some content on it. 

You said that you used the Jira Chart macro on the same page, and that there is no disturbance with that. Can you let me know what you mean by that exactly? Is there a chance that there's another macro on the page that might be causing the issue? 

You can try to replicate this by creating a new page in Confluence. Add the same macros first and then try to add Issue Statistics. See if there's any way you can get it to repeat the behavior.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events