Issue Statistics gadget is working well with old blank page, unfortunately, it is not the case with new blank pages though the preview gives complete issue list against the percentage of completion, the same is not displayed upon publishing the page and only first 3 rows are displayed instead of all rows. The same macro with same inputs in old page is displaying as expected.
Can we have this resolved.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
To clarify, Issue Statistics gadget works fine on an older page, but not the new page when publishing.
Looking forward to hearing back from you!
We have three scenarios here,
Issue Statistics is working in cases 1 and 3 the below are the screenshots of the respective case.
Case 1: Case 3:
Case 2: Here this page is an existing old page with new editor
While inserting Issue Statistics, the preview here shows all records.
But when saved to editor (this before publishing the page) only 3 records appear as shown below:
Whatever is saved to editor appears in the published page as shown below.
Thank you for those great screenshots. It really helps.
Can you tell me, for scenario #2, was the old page created on the old editor and then migrated to the new editor, or was it created on the new editor to start?
If you were to copy the affected page, does the issue persist?
No, the old page is created on new editor and later after two weeks I tried including Issue Statistics gadget in the page. Though I could see all the rows in the preview, the published page failed to display all the records as shown in the above images for case 2.
Thank you for confirming that. So you already had created the page in the new editor, but didn't try to include it in an Issue Statistics gadget until 2 weeks later. Do I have that right?
Were you able to test copying the page to see if the issue occurs there too?
Thank you very much for your explanation.
I discovered that you are most likely being affected by this bug:
Inserting a second "Issues Statistics" macro onto any page that already contains a "Issues Statistics" macro will result in the second macro displaying fewer results than the original macro did.
There is no workaround for this issue at this time.
Can you please confirm if that sounds like your issue? In the customer case I reviewed, they were also only seeing 3 results in their gadget.
Sorry to tell you that it is not the case, as I haven't used any "Issue Statics" macro in the page prior to the day when I inserted and encountered this issue. However, I have used multiple "JiraChart" macro in the same page and there is no disturbance with it.
Because the results are the same - showing only 3 results on the published version - I think there is a chance that this is the same issue, but with a different root cause. Especially since it only occurs on a page in the new editor that already had some content on it.
You said that you used the Jira Chart macro on the same page, and that there is no disturbance with that. Can you let me know what you mean by that exactly? Is there a chance that there's another macro on the page that might be causing the issue?
You can try to replicate this by creating a new page in Confluence. Add the same macros first and then try to add Issue Statistics. See if there's any way you can get it to repeat the behavior.
Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events