Isn't Confluence editor WYSIWYG?

M K November 30, 2020

In many times, I found the actual displayed format is a lot different from what I have edit. Especially the spacing between paragraph and lines.

Can you please let me know how to control the spacing between lines???

2 answers

1 vote
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

Hi @M K 

welcome to this wonderful community

Normally I would say Confluence editor is WYSIWYG - did you try using 'Preview' ? Does this also look wrong?

From your writing I guess you are using server version. Maybe you wanna share a editor view and how it looks after publishing (screenshot) to give us a better impression what is going wrong.

Do you run a theme on your system, any special html/css? This could also cause problems.

Using formatting like headlines and lines aso should in a normal way work fine.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

I would also like to add whenever we have Macro in page it isn't WYSIWYG.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

Yeah that is by design. There are a few exceptions, for example links that autoresolve.

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Depending on your install, there may be a global/space CSS that is overriding the default configuration. This CSS often does not impact the formatting inside of the editor.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events