Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

Avatar

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
4,455,400
Community Members
 
Community Events
175
Community Groups

Is this possible to remove or hide the home page for all users?

Hi! We just don't understand the goal of the "home" page from the main menu. It just a page where 80% of the content is for "recent" activities (which are the same from the recent button in the main menu) and a feed of activities. The other 20% are for spaces (which are available in the Space button in the main menu) and announcements (what is that?)

So, as you may understand, this page is useless and just a duplicate of content that are accessible from the main menu.

Is this possible to delete that page or hide it from the main menu?

We want to simplify the UI of Confluence, which is much more complex compared to the old interface.

 

Capture.JPG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @PIXI STUDIO !

We can not remove elements from the dashboard. But, we can change what is used as the “landing page” for Confluence users.

If the Dashboard is not what your use case needs, you can create a space and then select it so the Overview page for it is used as Home Page. You can then edit the Overview page to display the necessary macros and data.

Here we have more details on how to change Confluence home page:

If you need more information on the dashboard, we have some pages:

Let us hear from you!

We have a custom landing page, but our top navigation now has two home pages, one that we created and one that comes standard with confluence. It confuses users. How do we customize the top navigation?Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 5.41.19 PM.png

I changed the name of our home page to differentiate it, but having an organization home page and a product home page makes no sense. I would like to customize the top navigation further. please help!

Like Gregg Dolby likes this

Exact same requirement here

@Diego"accepted solution" creates a Home Home (double home) problem as noted by @Kelly Wolf Gonzalez & @Gregg Dolby 

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 5.41.19 PM.png

I see that the OP, @PIXI STUDIO has raised that 2nd problem here: Is-this-possible-to-edit-the-main-menu-and-remove-or-hide-buttons 

This is ridiculous. We've just started using Confluence and I'm always amazed when I get into products like these so late and still they're lacking utterly basic functionality, or they have functionality that's just not well thought out at all.

 

Like why not just have a checkbox for when you set a custom homepage to also hide the default homepage? Or just hide it automatically if you've set a custom one. Anything, but how it is now which just makes no sense.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events