Is this possible to remove or hide the home page for all users?

PIXI STUDIO September 29, 2020

Hi! We just don't understand the goal of the "home" page from the main menu. It just a page where 80% of the content is for "recent" activities (which are the same from the recent button in the main menu) and a feed of activities. The other 20% are for spaces (which are available in the Space button in the main menu) and announcements (what is that?)

So, as you may understand, this page is useless and just a duplicate of content that are accessible from the main menu.

Is this possible to delete that page or hide it from the main menu?

We want to simplify the UI of Confluence, which is much more complex compared to the old interface.

Capture.JPG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

Hello @PIXI STUDIO !

We can not remove elements from the dashboard. But, we can change what is used as the “landing page” for Confluence users.

If the Dashboard is not what your use case needs, you can create a space and then select it so the Overview page for it is used as Home Page. You can then edit the Overview page to display the necessary macros and data.

Here we have more details on how to change Confluence home page:

If you need more information on the dashboard, we have some pages:

Let us hear from you!

Kelly Wolf Gonzalez September 21, 2021

We have a custom landing page, but our top navigation now has two home pages, one that we created and one that comes standard with confluence. It confuses users. How do we customize the top navigation?Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 5.41.19 PM.png

Kelly Wolf Gonzalez September 21, 2021

I changed the name of our home page to differentiate it, but having an organization home page and a product home page makes no sense. I would like to customize the top navigation further. please help!

Like # people like this
Gregg Dolby October 1, 2021

Exact same requirement here

Phil Bryant February 22, 2022

@Diego"accepted solution" creates a Home Home (double home) problem as noted by @Kelly Wolf Gonzalez & @Gregg Dolby 

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 5.41.19 PM.png

I see that the OP, @PIXI STUDIO has raised that 2nd problem here: Is-this-possible-to-edit-the-main-menu-and-remove-or-hide-buttons 

2 votes
oyvindstromsvik February 5, 2022

This is ridiculous. We've just started using Confluence and I'm always amazed when I get into products like these so late and still they're lacking utterly basic functionality, or they have functionality that's just not well thought out at all.

Like why not just have a checkbox for when you set a custom homepage to also hide the default homepage? Or just hide it automatically if you've set a custom one. Anything, but how it is now which just makes no sense.

Marta Kopij April 12, 2023

agreed! 

any update on that, dear Atlassians?

Like Stephen Fernie likes this
Karri Adkins November 8, 2023

agreed, i need this space landing page to not exist.....it isn't a great user experience when trying to manage JSM KBs.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events