Is there really no way that we can change the keys already defined within Confluence WIKI Cloud ?

Iuliana Burgi Jurj October 22, 2018

We have some keys already defined in Confluence WIKI Cloud for 52 spaces to be exact (I am counting the personal spaces). 

Recently, we have discussed the key definition and we would like to put something in place a bit more sophisticated than the ones defined by Confluence WIKI Cloud. 

However, I have consulted some online documentation today and I saw that once the key for a space has been set, they could not be changed anymore. 

My question is: Is there no way no change all the keys set ? 

If we were to implement a new process for the definition of these keys, I would like to make sure that we can use it for all the spaces, not just for the one that are to be created. 

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2018

Hi @Iuliana Burgi Jurj

you are right - there is no way to change the space key in retrospektive. Even if you would copy the content from one space to newly created ones that base on your new system - you will have to change ALL links.... 

I think that's the cause for not being able to change the keys. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events