Is there really just 7 Text color options?

John Fenger July 29, 2019

Using the new cloud editor and it appears like there are now just 7 colors to choose from?  Is there a way to change these colors or make more options available.   

image.png

The old editor had far more options and the 2 i normally use Maroon and Dark Blue are no longer available how do i get these back?   I'm very tired of this downgrade to the new editor. 

10 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Avinoam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2019

@John Fenger we hear you and we're on it. We're already working on adding more colors soon to both text as well as table cell background. 

We'll make sure to update both https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap-967314556.html and https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html when we do!

John Fenger July 29, 2019

This New editor feels like such a downgrade coming from the old one...  why did we get forced on to i in such an incomplete state?   I mean i think its lovely that its all on your roadmap... that's great i hope to use it all when its you know... done.  I mean i didn't sign up to be your beta tester...    I mean force companies brand new to confluence on it its a good way to MVP it out vs forcing on existing companies.  Just so tired of writing feedback on seemingly obvious things.  i just want to use your product not test it.    

Like # people like this
kpink October 4, 2019

How do I select Cell background or highlighting of text.  Seem like most of the old formatting options are gone

Why do you force us to use the new editor when it is missing so much functionality?

Like Dennis Arndt likes this
David Allyn October 15, 2019

With all due respect @Avinoam

I think "more colors" is still a downgrade.  "infinite colors" (using a RGB or HSV mixer or simply a hex) would bring us to current tech and web design industry standards.  Thank you for your attention to this!

Like # people like this
4 votes
martin December 18, 2019

Please add an option to use whatever color we like on the text. I mean, white is not even in the default list. 

3 votes
Dominic Jalsevac March 22, 2020

Blows my mind that this is still an issue. The colour choices are SO bad. And only 7 REALLY BAD choices. Offering more options or allowing you to customize the palette would be way better. I'm building a page right now and just having ANY sort of decent colour scheme options would make this page look so much better. 

I highly recommend you have a designer help you out with this new editor. It's a great start but absurdly limited. I understand the need to keep it clean but you would go a long way to have a designer help you figure it all out. Check out the editor at https://rise.articulate.com to see a very restrictive editor that works great!

2 votes
Valery McMahon December 2, 2019

I would like to put a frame over my images, but it seems impossible in this new version. Also agree with the comments above, a little upsetting..

1 vote
Jia-Ying_Liu August 17, 2021

We just purchase the new Conflunce cloud, but there have soooooo less colors to use....I wondering when we can get a flexible color editor to create our documents? Trace this post...looks like the issue already existing for more than 2 years...can we get a grant upgrade now? 

1 vote
mattlusty123 April 22, 2020

Lol! Looks like nearly a year on from @Avinoam 's promise to the people. I'm sure they are "listening" ... and laughing whilst drinking champagne and taking a year discussing what shade of brown they will give us on the year's anniversary of asking for "more colours".

0 votes
mrussodev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 3, 2024

One low-level option is to get an Atlassian App that allows you to directly edit the storage format. Then you can add custom style to your content. Example:

<p><span style="color: rgb(213,0,0);">⬤ Tomato</span></p>
<p><span style="color: rgb(246,191,38);">⬤ Banana</span></p>
<p><span style="color: rgb(51,182,121);">⬤ Sage</span></p>
<p><span style="color: rgb(11,128,67);">⬤ Basil</span></p>
<p><span style="color: rgb(3,155,229);">⬤ Peacock</span></p>
<p><span style="color: rgb(142,36,170);">⬤ Grape</span></p>
<p><span style="color: rgb(97,97,97);">⬤ Graphite</span></p>

For storage format editors, see: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=storage%20format%20editor

0 votes
Андрей Старченко February 18, 2022

Lol there is no black color option for a text editor. Their agenda turned into schizophrenia. Can we please get an African American (bended knee twice) color at least?

0 votes
Deleted user May 6, 2020

Seriously, how is this still not resolved? 

Markian Zadony May 7, 2020

Because Atlassian doesn't listen to their customers and are patting themselves on the back for a "job well done" -- a successful release of 50% fewer features, but hey it has a "flatter" interface.

Like Deleted user likes this
0 votes
Markian Zadony February 21, 2020

If you have at least 1 page created with the old legacy editor, copy that page, strip out all of its contents, and turn it into a page stub "template".  From that point forward, make copies of that empty page stub and use that for all new pages.  (Sure you'll have to move it to the right directory afterwards, but that's a small price to pay...)

I despise when companies rush out a new version of something, with half as many features as before, then brag about spending the next year filling in the missing pieces.  Now I know why I prefer on-premise!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events