Is there defined any limitation while creating JIRA issue from Confluence?

Amalia Dobiasova August 26, 2019

I'm trying to create JIRA issues from Confluence. My requirements are defined in the table and I'm using functionality "Create JIRA issue" with possibility to create multiple issues.

This creation works fine when the table contains 9 lines, but seems if there is 10 or more lines in the table then issues in JIRA are created but JIRA links are not propagated into CONFLUENCE. I got also Error message.(The server may be unreachable. Please ensure you are running JIRA 5.0 or higher.)

We have JIRA 7.6.12.

Is there any limitation for creation JIRA issues from Confluence? 

Something like number of records or cumulative number of characters, not allowed special characters like #, _, ... or any other limitation which we should take into account while using this feature?

Thanks for your advices,

Amalia

1 answer

0 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2020

Hello @Amalia Dobiasova

Is this still an issue for you?

If so, I have looked into this issue as it is specific, the creation of 10 issues or higher from within Confluence does not render the issue links in the table.

There is a known issue with creating multiple issue though it does not account for a specific limit unfortunately. This issue is known on Confluence Cloud, not Server, are you running Confluence server? What Confluence version are you running?

With regards to limitations of the Jira Issue Macro, there is documentation though nothing I can specifically find that would limit issue creation rendering.

You could check out the documented Confluence bugs on Atlassian's Jira to see if there is something that relates to issue, I had a look myself and could not find anything that met your requirements. 

Hope this helps,

Danny

Amalia_Dobiasova
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2020

Hello Danny,

Issue is still there. We have a server. We are not in the cloud. 

• Confluence: 6.13.11
  • JIRA 7.13.8

I have reported issue also to our IT deparment, so maybe they are already in contact with Atlasian.

Just to be clear in our case issues are created in JIRA but links are not propagated to Confluence page and I got an error message: The server may be unreachable. Please ensure you are running JIRA 5.0 or higher.

Thanks for links above, I will chek it.

Regards,

Amalia

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2020

Hi @Amalia_Dobiasova

I have had the same issue and the issue has been reported on Cloud and Server. I would check that your IT dept has reached out to Atlassian support directly as they may be able to give you a workaround.

Hope this gets sorted for you. 

Thanks,

Danny

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events