Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to sync or embed content blocks from Confluence within Jira issues?

Jonny MacEachern September 23, 2022

- We currently use a table to define all components required for our website builds

- Each row corresponds to a Jira issue

- I like only having one source of truth for requirements, so we avoid duplicating the requirements in both the Jira issue and Confluence

- We use Confluence as our source of truth

- I'd like to be able to still sync or embed requirements from the Confluence doc within the Jira issue

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2022

Hi @Jonny MacEachern , wouldn't each row present the following...

• Jira issue key
  • Jira summary
  • Jira description (full requirements)

I guess I don't understand what you mean by sync. Maybe you want a situation where you could change the Summary or Description in Confluence and have it update the issue? If so you cannot do that out of the box. Maybe there is a Confluence add-on that does this so I will check the marketplace. I did a quick search and found smart-issue-view-for-confluence . I have never used this application and it may not be exactly what you're looking for but it does allow you to edit Jira issues without leaving confluence it seems.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events