cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Is there any way to have a kanban like this that you can embed on Confluence. So, as you update events on your confluence calendar (reflected in JIRA), and JIRA, you will see the updates reflected on the board?

Is there any way to have a kanban like this that you can embed on Confluence. So, as you update events on your confluence calendar (reflected in JIRA), and JIRA, you will see the updates reflected on the board?

kferenzi1407 October 17, 2016

Is there any way to have a JIRA kanban board embedded on Confluence? In short, I'm looking to sync our Confluence calendar so when you update a JIRA it's reflected on the Confluence calendar and JIRA kanban board. Also, if you update a JIRA from the kanban or calendar, it will be reflected in JIRA. See where I'm going with that? I want it all to be connected. 

If not, will Wall Boards remain updated based on any changes that are made via Confluence calendar? So, I'll always know what's going on in JIRA + dates, etc. Then we can get Canvas Boards to manage the high-level stuff. 

Thank you! Any recommendations are also appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2016

Gadgets

JIRA Software includes an Agile Wallboard Gadget. This gadget can specify a board and then show the columns/cards as expected. It does not allow you to transition issues, rank issues, or edit anything – It is read-only.

image2016-10-17 18:36:8.png
The gadget uses a white background when used as a gadget, and black when used as a wallboard.

Once you've setup Confluence and JIRA, you can link them via Application Links. There's some requirements to this. Once the Application Links and prerequisite to this are configured, you can add the JIRA Gadget URL to Confluence's Gadgets.

image2016-10-17 18:52:37.png

Finally, you'll be able to use any JIRA Dashboard gadget within Confluence Pages, by locating them in the Macro Browser.

image2016-10-17 18:53:20.png

Calendar

A Calendar created with Team Calendars for Confluence can visualize dates from Project Issue Dates Fields, Project Versions, or Board Sprints.

Once you've setup Confluence and JIRA, you can link them via Application Links. There's not much to say, this is out-of-the-box functionality.

• You can't add content to JIRA calendars as they source all of their date information from the JIRA system. To add issues and version deadlines, add them in the JIRA application's interface.
  • You can drag-and-drop your JIRA issue dates and project versions to re-schedule them right from Team Calendars.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/teamcal/add-jira-events-241566244.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events