Is there any way to get view history of Confluence page?

Sergey Shubin May 10, 2017

We are going to clean up our Confluence instance and would like to automatize detection of unused pages, can we somehow check view accesser to those pages? There is AO_92296B_AORECENTLY_VIEWED table, but I have strong feel that this doesn't keep all the history inside.

3 answers

2 votes
Greg Della-Croce May 10, 2017

We have been using a plug-in from Midori.  I track the page updates and reads.  Then the plug-in can automatically archive pages that have not been Read and/or Updated in a time period you set.  The archived pages are retrievable, unlike deleting.  Oh, it will warn the owner/admin of the page that the page is about to be archived unless they act. 

Sergey Shubin May 12, 2017

This plugin, right? I will save link for others :)

It's pretty cool, thanks!

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2017

The Confluence Usage Stats plugin is included with Confluence but there is performance overhead associated with it. Please see Viewing Site Statistics.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2017

Ann, is there a way of getting statistics with the Usage Stats plugin about pages that are not viewed at all?

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2017

Hi Sergey,

we are using the tracking plugin from Service Rocket for that. It counts page views and you can list the pages with their counts. It works well and it is free.

But of course, the plugin can't count the past. It counts from that moment on, when it is deployed. But I don't know another way except analyzing any access logs and that is time-consuming. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events