Is there any way to associate an icon with a specific template?

Brent Knowles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2018

i.e., if meeting notes had a different icon than normal pages than they would stand out better when doing a search.

Right now if you do a search you and get multiple matches, visually being able to see that a page is a meeting note versus a decision versus a standard note, would improve the search efficiency / user experience.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2018

Hello Brent and welcome to the Community!

This is a great idea, and you’re not the first to ask about this either. We had a question similar to this which @Shannon S provided a great answer for. The answer Shannon put together is as follows:

Source question

This would require a bit of development knowledge. You can start by reviewing the pages here:

Personally, I'm not sure how you would specify different icons for different page templates, since Confluence currently sees them as either a page or a blog post. There's no additional categories here, so I would imagine it would require quite a bit more of development.

I would encourage you to also visit our Developer Resources if that's something you'd be interested in.

Answer Credit: @Shannon S

If you still have questions in regards to this, please let us know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events