Is there any way to add a CSS class and / or ID to a table?

Norman Cates December 8, 2022

It would be very useful to be able to style specific tables using the CSS from the supplied user definable stylesheet. (Under Space Tools>Look and Feel )

Targeting the tables with ID and / or class would be the most elegant way to do this. 

I'm assuming the answer is no, at least from the main interface. 

It might be doable form the Source view, but that's not a reasonable expectation to put on general users.

Perhaps there's a free or reasonably priced macro out there. Would be glad to hear about that. 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2022

Hi @Norman Cates 

You can consider CSS Stylesheet macro by Content Formatting Macro for Confluence

and try to style your tables. Let me know if this works for you (this app is developed by my team)

Norman Cates December 12, 2022

Thank you. 

I imagine it would work, but then we're trading being able to create a table with a class, for being able to visualise the table. 

We are a graphically oriented company, and using tables to layout some pages. Since that's about the only way to do it. 

So the more that we can visualise what it's going to look like as we work, the better.

Cheers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

@Norman Cates This is not an option in the delivered product.  I believe that there are some apps in the marketplace that provide this functionality.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=confluence&query=tables 

Norman Cates December 8, 2022

I'll make a feature request. 

With the incredibly expensive prices for many very simple macros (and often ridiculous pricing strategies) I try to avoid paid macros. 

Maybe I can code one myself. We shall see. 

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events