Is there any method for updating existing pages made from a template, if the template is updated?

Ennio March 29, 2022

For example, 

• A template is created on Oct 1 with 4 sections.
  • 20 pages are created using the Oct 1 template
  • On Nov 1, a 5th section is added to the Oct 1 template.
  • How can the already existing 20 pages, created with the Oct 1, 4 section template, be updated to reflect the Nov 1 change inclusive of the 5th section?
  • I dont want to have to manually update the existing 20 pages.
  • I was thinking blueprints would do this but that does not seem to be the case.

Any solutions out there?

2 answers

1 vote
Mervyn Toh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2022

There is no easy way to accomplish this. The easiest method will be using the Confluence REST API to update the pages.

Else you can try look for Confluence app to update the pages. One Confluence app I've found that allows pages to be updated dynamically is Scaffolding Forms & Templates.

0 votes
Stefan Froehlich August 16, 2023

@Ennio Hi Ennio, we literally had the very same question / discussion around it. We are currently creating a template for our application portfolio documentation and we will probably come across scenarios we want to add to the documentation pages later but so far this seems to be a challenge.

Did you find a solution to this in the end?

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events