I have been struggling to follow the "tutorials" on creating a Confluence Blueprint. After many struggles overcoming the out-of-date Intermediate Blueprint tutorial (For example, I had to ignore the "component-import" clause in the atlassian-plugin file. It conflicts with the new format of the pom.xml "instructions" clause.) I then tried to complete the Advanced Blueprint tutorial and have hit a wall with the Event Listener code in the tutorial - the tutorial instructs me to add the following line to the Event callback -
ModuleCompleteKey modCompleteKey = ev.getBlueprintKey();
However, my IDE (Eclipse), immediately pipes up - that the getBlueprintKey method is deprecated. So I went looking for some kind of documentation any of the following topics:
Couldn't find anything. What I did find was even more confusing - there are different articles (most updated in Dec, 2017) that offer incomplete documentation on different types of OSGI plugins, template plugins, just none that offer a coherent explanation of what are the components, interfaces, and classes of a Blueprint.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Hi! Is this the tutorial you are following already or does it have the coherent explanation you are looking for: Confluence Blueprints?
It may be possible to satisfy your use case with a page template, which is easier than writing a plugin: Create your own template
I will ask around my developer colleagues to see if anyone has seen that deprecated method error on getBlueprintKey.
Please let me know what version of Confluence you are developing the blueprints for.
Thanks for your reply -
1. The tutorial that I was using is the Advanced Blueprint tutorial, the event listener is in Step 4.
2. I have already created a page template, but I was hoping to create a blueprint that would be more robust - uploading an attachment and adding a macro to the created page that references the attachment.
3. The Confluence Blueprints page gives a very high-level overview of the Blueprint, but does not really get into the nitty-gritty details of (for example) -
And does not really mention the Soy templates - just the Confluence Storage Format.
4. As far as being "coherent" - The article on the Confluence Storage Format seems to be giving information that is different from the information provided by the Simple Blueprint tutorial that explains the Soy template format.
5. Attached a screenshot from the Eclipse message regarding the deprecated method
6. Is there a way to gain access to javadoc (or better documentation) of the BlueprintPageCreateEvent class, on how to interact with the page (for example, upload an attachment)?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG