Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any chance to see all pages which have unpublished changes?

Ann-Katrin Lang March 21, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence 6.0 Release Notes

I really love the fact that I can safe drafts now before I release them!! This is a wonderful new feature which we will love to use.

But if I have various changes made on various pages I might loose track of all the pages which have unpublished changes. Is there

a) any indication that if I click edit that there are changes in the page which have not been published yet? (and which ones) and

b) any page or chance to see where in all my confluence pages there are unpublished changes which I still have to work on?

Thanks for your help

Ann

11 answers

4 votes
Lucy Minato April 19, 2017

I'd like the same thing as you, Ann-Katrin.

I need to approve changes to pages before they get published so it would be very useful to have a place where all the "changed but unpublished" pages are listed so I can easily see changes that others have made and then approve and publish them. 

Any suggestions?

3 votes
stevemc November 1, 2020

Atlassian had this working at one point - a "Unpublished". badge would appear in Recents next to pre-existing docs that had edits.   It stopped working about 6 months ago (I forget when).  I debated logging a bug but saw number of bugs around even the one feature of drafts and its enormous -- most of them years old bugs.   Oh Atlassian... Sigh!

I like the suggestion of tags but it does require some diligence from all users (not going to happen).  I have one other suggestion:

1. Open each document in the "Worked on" tab under the "Recent" menu and look for the 'Unpublished" changes" marker next to the breadcrumbs.  (Its easier if you choose "View all Recent Pages" at the bottom of the page).
  2. To do the same for all users, use the Advanced Search and search on Last Modified

p.s. if anyone knows of a good alternative to Confluence please advise.  I really thoroughly dislike the way that Atlassian treats its users.  Feature requests from hundreds of users are ignored for years.  Bugs languish.   Worse yet, they do things like release the "New Editor" which was a major downgrade from old editor with major bugs.  Obscene.

2 votes
David Fenstermacher March 25, 2021

Does anyone know if an administrator has the ability to generate a list of draft or unpublished pages? If so, How?

2 votes
Adam Rudd April 18, 2018

Plus 1 for this. I've edited a page which I am being told has changes have been made by others, yet I'm unable to ignore changes or see them

2 votes
Willis Morse April 19, 2017

I just ran into this myself. Unpublished modifications to existing pages aren't considered drafts, and basically disappear.

The only place that you can see these listed is on your personal dashboard, in the left sidebar item "Recently Worked On".

In a stock confluence configuration, your personal dashboard is supposed to show up as the toplevel page whenever you sign into Confluence. However, we set our site to use one of our wiki pages as the toplevel page, and I can't find any other way in the Confluence UI to get to my personal dashboard.

So here's the url to get to your personal dashboard:

https://<confluence-url>/my/recent-work

I ended up adding this as a link on our site toplevel page. 

Bernadette Makhlouf May 24, 2017

Hey Willis,

We had the same issue!

Thanks for your tip. Your URL gave me a 404 but I worked out that it needed an extra path:

https://<confluence-url>/wiki/my/recent-work

Cheers :)

Craig Orgill August 10, 2020

Phew - thought I had lost my page - THANK YOU!

1 vote
Chip Broecker August 2, 2020

This is supposedly the answer... but it doesn't work for me on my own pages.  I put in a comment and asked for feedback on this.

2020-08-02_11-13-44 Unpublished Changes.png

1 vote
Russ Baker January 7, 2020

Devs, what would be great is a "Draft Mode" or "Preview Mode" to view all of your Confluence site with any outstanding drafts shown (and clearly marked).  That way, you could easily see which pages have outstanding drafts, and what they currently look like.

1 vote
Kirk Fretwell October 31, 2019

It has been a while since Peter posted his workaround.  Since then, does anyone know of a better procedure?  Is there a report type, for example, to help us find all unpublished changes?

Pieter Lambrechts November 8, 2019

Following!
I'm also looking for a better solution

1 vote
Peter_Baschan November 22, 2018

Hi,

The only out-of-the-box solution for this I could find is asking the people who are editing the existing pages to:

1) not press the Update button, only the Close

2) add a tag (like 'awaiting_approval') to the page before they go away

That way you can create a page for yourself with the 'Content by label' macro and use the 'awaiting_approval' label to list those pages. Once you are happy with the content, publish/update the page and remove the tag.

Obviously the solution heavily relies on people following those 2 rules, but at least the concept works. :)

Thanks,

Peter

1 vote
Per Löfgren (Qlik) March 21, 2017

I believe you can see your drafts under your profile

0 votes
Ann-Katrin Lang March 21, 2017

Thanks, Per, for your answer.

You are right: the drafts of completely new pages which have never been published can be found under profile > drafts.

But existing pages which have been changed and where the changes have not been published are not listed there. So I wondered if there is any indication on the page if there are unpublished changes in the background and if I could see a list of changes which I still have to work on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events