Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an upper limit on number of rows in a table in Confluence?

Mischa Gulseven April 22, 2021

I have quite a large table in Confluence, and recently have noticed that it has been split into 4 separate tables.  It is fairly random which rows in the table have been put into which table, and we have ended up with duplicate entries across all these tables.

I have not done this, so wondered whether this is something to do with a limitation in Confluence which limits the number of rows in a single table?

If this is the case, what is the best way around this to avoid duplicates and keep all the rows in a single table (if possible)?

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

Hi @Mischa Gulseven ,

We don't know about any limitations for the size of manually created Confluence tables (they are supposed to be unlimited) but we are aware that sometimes you can experience unstable behavior with really large tables.

As a workaround, we suggest using apps that allow you to recreate tables from the CSV attachments and URLs (Google Spreadsheets). For example, you may try our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table from CSV macro or other similar apps from the Atlassian Marketplace.

We often use the Table from CSV macro in our company to show statistics right in Confluence, 7000 row tables are processed just fine.

Mischa Gulseven April 22, 2021

Thank you Katerina, I'll look into that.

Like mdenson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events