Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to insert a timestamp in a page?

Thomas Burkhart September 29, 2011

Hi,

I'm looking for a way how to insert the current time/date into a confluence page. Perhaps its so simple that I just don't see it.

Best

Tom

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2011

Well, you can get the page modification date. Is that sufficient?

Since Confluence pages are dynamically displayed, if there were some markup that would display the current date, it would always be updated whenever the page is rendered.

Maybe you would like an editor shortcut, but I know of no such thing.

Easiest way I know of to put a date into a page is to type the date.

Thomas Burkhart October 12, 2011

Yes, I think an Editor shortcut would be the thing I was looking for. Perhaps this will be included in future

4 votes
Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2016

Hello!

You can use a Handy Timestamp macro from Handy Macros for Confluence.

1 vote
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2016

No need to waste money on a plugin.

Steven Behnke explained how to create a user macro that will add the current time and date in here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/25481

0 votes
Thomas Burkhart October 12, 2011

Nobody n Idea?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events