Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an app for Confluence? IOS or android? Or any plans for an App?

Joshua Pedicone October 8, 2013

Is there an app for Confluence? IOS or android? Or any plans for an App?

14 answers

1 accepted

26 votes
Answer accepted
Jenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2017

Hi all,

As I'm sure you're all aware, we do currently have iOS and Android apps available for Confluence Cloud.

However, I’m pleased to announce that we will soon be releasing mobile apps for Confluence Server and Data Center.

Both apps are currently under development. To stay up to date with our progress, please watch the Jira tickets: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-42688 and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-45693

Jenny Millman | Product Manager, Server Mobile

Jamie Wilson October 26, 2017

Are you looking for beta users / testers? 

Jenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

@Jamie Wilson we certainly will be!

To receive full information on beta testing, either ensure you're watching the above Jira tickets, or sign up at: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/mobile-app/server

Steve Teo October 31, 2017

Hi @Jenny, we are looking forward to this announcement and the release of the app. Could you give us a little more insight when this or even a beta might be expected to be released? Eg. In the 6 months, 12 months timeframe?

My company is looking to purchase Marketplace add-ons to make Confluence mobile-friendly at the moment, so if we have a better idea of what to expect, we could delay that purchase and instead wait for the Mobile App to be released instead.

Jenny
Atlassian Team
October 31, 2017

Hi @Steve Teo, at the moment we're hopeful we'll be getting a beta out to you before Christmas - watch this space!

Steve Teo November 1, 2017

Thanks @Jenny

Prasad Eda January 25, 2018

hi @Jenny 

Recently we have upgraded confluence from v6.2.2 to v6.6.0

We are looking for Mobile App can you please suggest me the app name and plugin.

Note: As we are using Confluence SERVER

Please suggest me on this.

Regards,

Prasad Eda

Jenny
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2018

Hi @Prasad Eda,

The beta versions for both iOS and Android are now available.

For more information, check out our documentation.

Thanks

Jenny

Jenny
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2018

In case you missed it, we released our 1.0 versions of both iOS and Android apps on March 20th. Find out more about using the apps, or check out our considerations for administrators.

28 votes
chris hoerske January 5, 2015

Confluence really needs an app.   Not a watered down responsive skin...  Or a full browser version that doesn't quite work...  An actual app.  Once that allows attachments/photos to be published to pages...  We need the ability to truly create and edit pages.  Sure they'll be some limitations but the reality is that Evernote will allow you to collaborate / attach documents / attach photos right from the app and then have a group conversation.  Of course Confluence blows Evernote away.. But..  That's only once we sit down at your computer and use the full browser version.  This is a huge limitation...  It's hard for me to convince people to use a solution that truly relies on a full browser version. 

1 vote
Martin Seibert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2017

We have built an app for Confluence Server, that is even capable of having direct connections to behind the firewall instances through a gateway server while encrypting the traffic from end (Confluence app) to end (native mobile app). It is called Linchpin Mobile.

At this point the mobile app is tailored to meet our Linchpin Intranet customer's needs. Linchpin is a fully personalized communication hub based on Atlassian Confluence.

But we're planning to fully support "Confluence only" deployments as well in the future.

Here is a video of the app itself: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USb7e9gTDic

You can download the server plugin for free and the native mobile apps from the Apple AppStore and the Google Playstore at this point.

To understand more about the Gateway-Service Firescope and why it is secure, please read out Firescope Security info page.

1 vote
Chris Rook July 4, 2017

Is there a Jira app through which I can take a photo of something and then upload it to an issue?

Seems crazy so hard to find out about online..

Irene
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2017

Hey Chris, Yes you can do that with the JIra apps :)

You can add attachments to the issues, and on our latest apps update you can now add files to your comments - either they are photos from your camera roll, or through cloud platforms you have installed on your phone (e.g Dropbox or Google Drive).

Try it out and let me know if you have any questions!

1 vote
Jim Strange September 16, 2014

It's a shame there is no app - being able to easily embed things like photos would be a huge benefit. As it is, i need to email the photo to myself, save it to desktop, then upload it to Confluence. Very clunky.

1 vote
Higashi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

The current version of JIRA and Confluence does support iOS and Android, so you don't need an app to use them.

Liz Canham January 22, 2014

I'm not sure that the statement 'The current version [In Oct '13] of JIRA and Confluence does support IOS and Android' is true.

We essentially want to view our desktop Confluence site on mobile devices. We found that images would not display, some macros would not display content, and we got an annoying link to switch to desktop mode.

When searching for a solution I came across a post that suggested disabling the Confluence Mobile plugin. Now, the site displays perfectly on IOS devices, but is squished in the top-left corner of Android devices.

We're using Confluence 5.2. The Android device we've tested on is 4.3.

0 votes
Joselin Mane April 29, 2020

Is there any way to get a previous version of the iOS app that’s not iOS 13?

Also can there be more of a description in the app history as to what has changed between versions.

thanks

0 votes
Anja Gawlik September 7, 2016

Only for iOS sad  Only for cloud sad sad

0 votes
Sven Wenzel February 17, 2016

Only for cloud sad

0 votes
Dmitry Lavrinenko January 20, 2016
0 votes
Martin Seibert
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2015

During Atlassian Summit 2015 we know, that Atlassian plans to offer native mobile apps. You can register for a beta here. The offering is cloud-only at this point.

0 votes
Mark_Ricard August 26, 2015

Yea... and push notifications which everyone expects these days.  You need an app.

0 votes
Joshua Pedicone October 8, 2013

OK. There seem to be some limitations with the mobile view, like calendars.

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
October 8, 2013

There are a number of apps for Atlassian products on the Apple App Store (iOS) & Google Play (Android), but they are written by third parties and are not developed or supported by Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events