It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to turn off automatic text scaling?

Hello! I'm typing this long article on Confluence for my team, and it includes a number of bulletpoint lists. When I'm editing the page, character size is small, convenient to read; however, as soon as I publish it, it becomes bigger, making it inconvenient for other users (I need lists to be tight, contained). I wasn't able to change the size of the font, either.

I have another Confluence page with a similar article (from 2017) where characters are small & stay that way. I started the current page with a copy & paste from that old one, thinking it'd preserve the settings, but it did not.

Switching between fixed-width and full-width does not seem to help (although I have settled for full-width). I notice that if I manually reduce the page's width - by horizontally dragging the browser's window's edges - the size becomes manageable again, but I wish my readers would not have to do this.

Is there any way to work around this? I need characters to be small and not to change size, so that as much as possible of my lists is contained within one screen. Thank you!

NB: Now I don't know if this helps, but styles appear to be locked (grayed out) when my cursor is within regular text. However, when it's within text of a different style (e.g. Heading 3), the drop-down menu is available. I don't get it.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you