Is there a way to track how often the customer views a page in the customer portal?

Fahad Akhtar April 12, 2021

Hi,

I have a customer who is asking if there is a report generated by Jira or Confluence where it shows how often a page or document is viewed. The customer does not have a Jira license nor a Confluence license. I, as the site admin only gave the customer view access to certain pages within the Customer portal via Confluence. They can search for these pages and documents by typing in keywords in the search bar within the customer portal. 

Is there any such report generated by Jira or Confluence? Do I create a filter in Jira, if so what would it be? I know that in Confluence, you can view how often a page has been visited. I only have a standard plan for Confluence not the premium one. If I get the premium package would I be able to receive reports on how often a page or document is visited in the customer portal?

Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

Hi @Fahad Akhtar,

There is a default report available, called Requests deflected. You can find it under Reports in your JSM project and it looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-04-12 at 17.02.28.png

The report does not show you who viewed a page, but you will be able to identify which pages were viewed and how many times over time.

The metric requests deflected is based on users checking the option "this article helped me".

You can export the data from the report to csv if you want to do additional analysis/reporting of your own on it as well.

Hope this helps! 

Okay. 

I have multiple pages set up in a space. I gave view access only to the customer for all of those pages within the space. Requests deflected will not tell me what page was viewed, correct? Or do I inform the customer to click 'the thumbs up/down button and that will give me an idea of which page they are viewing? 

Or, do I make a new report? 

Let me know if you understand my question. 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

The reflects deflected report has two metrics, which are counted as follows:

• Article views from portal: a user from your JSM portal starts a search in your portal and clicks an article link from the search results. +1 for the page clicked (in the report example I shared, 11 pages were viewed like that)
  • Requests deflected in portal: a user clicks the thumbs up on the page he/she viewed. +1 for that page (this did not happen in my sample report)

Not shared in my screenshot, but below the graph I shared you will find a table with detailed results. There you can see which pages were viewed.

If anyone views a page directly in Confluence (and not through your Service Desk portal), that view will not reflect in the JSM report.

Confluence has Confluence analytics available in the premium and enterprise plans to get insights into those data as well. But that would not be necessary if I understood your initial question correctly, namely how often pages are viewed from the customer portal.

Wow thank you so much. Your answers were very clear and you had quick responses. Thank you again. 

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

Happy to help! :-)

Samantha Antoun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2022

Hi @Walter Buggenhout ,

Do you know if page views through JSM are reflected in the standard Confluence analytics?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events