It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to show/hide layer of a Gliffy-Diagram in the view-mode? Edited

I was recently asked if it is possible to give some layer a tag, so the viewing-users can show or hide this layer. 

That would be very nice. For example in a server-farm you can show a layer which colorises the servers with a specific operating-system.

Does anyone has an idea how this could be reached with gliffy?

Thanks for ideas?
Roman

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Roman,

We hear you loud and clear. Stay tuned, this is a feature that will be released in the near future.

You will soon have the ability to hide and view layers through the viewer as well as some other additional interactivity!

Hi John,

Wow, that's great! Therefore i was right that currently this option is not available. I thought i could be that i do not see this.

I'm looking forward to this new functionalities!
Regards, 
Roman

Hi @John Almeida

Do you know when this feature will be released? Our team is really looking forward to this feature. 

Kind Regards,
Marcus

Like # people like this

Hi @John Almeida 

This feature would be insanely useful. Can you advise roughly when this feature would be shipped?

Thanks!

Like Marcus_Carlson likes this

Hi Marcus and Heroly! I've got some good news for you :) 

Our recent Confluence update allows you to connect layer visibility to a certain shape in your diagram (so you'll use a shape to create a button). Here's a rough screen grab of what you'll need to use.

Hope this helps - have fun with it!

layerlinking.png

Like # people like this

This button is grayed out...  any idea why?Geplakte_afbeelding_13_05_2020_13_03.png

Hi @Samie_Kaufman__Gliffy 
I do not see any update of the server-version. When is this planned?

Hi @Roman Joss ! I apologize, I didn't note that this was asked under the "server" tab. I'm checking with our team to get an idea of the timeline for this and we'll get back to you, but know that this feature is currently planned for the next release.

Hi Roman,

The way the layer linking feature works is that you designate a particular shape as a "link" to enable the visibility of any desired combination of layers. The greyed out symbol indicates there is no shape currently selected for linking. Once you have selected a shape the layer palette provides a configuration mode to specify which layers you want to have visible as a result of someone clicking on that shape. In particular, there are four indicators for every layer. The bold font layer is the "active" layer meaning it is the layer upon which any new shapes dragged out onto the stage will reside. There is also a small eye symbol when you hover over a layer name that indicates its current visibility. There is also a lock symbol to demonstrate when a layer is locked and - when editing layer links - checkboxes to designate which combination of layers will become visible when the shape that is "linked" is clicked. Finally, I would say when exploring this feature, also keep in mind that the state of the visibility of layers when you click on the publish button will be the initial state for which that the diagram is first rendered.

Regarding when this feature will be available in Confluence server, we are targeting a release including this feature in the current quarter.

Thanks!

Like Roman Joss likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

327 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you