Is there a way to share content between Confluence pages and Jira issues?

rolland_vandersluis September 5, 2023

Our software team needs to keep the acceptance criteria in our Story tickets up to date and synced with the functional design doc in Confluence. Is there a way to single-source content between the two so that we don't have to manually update both? My hope was to create a field in Jira that can be synced with specific content on Confluence pages (a Multiexcerpt macro or something like it), but I can't find anything like that.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2023

@rolland_vandersluis The only thing I can think of would be to use automation on the Jira and Confluence side.  I don't think this is the greatest solution but you should be able to get it to work.  

We had a similar issue and we ended up just adding linked pages to our stories and maintaining the Confluence page.  It made it easier than keeping everything in sync.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

@rolland_vandersluis If this was helpful can you accept it to help others?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events