Is there a way to share a page/blog post to a public user?

Renato March 7, 2017

Our Confluence environment is server-hosted and private. Thus, only our employees (users) can access Confluence from within our buildings. However, we would like to publish company news, infos, etc. from time to time using the blog function. Now, we would like to share these blog posts with certain people that are not Confluence users. We tested to share blog posts with non-users using the "share" function. They receive a notification email but obviously, they cannot access the Wiki and thus cannot see the blog post. Now, we are wondering if we could somehow configure that the whole page/blog content is displayed in the notification email, so that there is no need to access Confluence? Thanks a lot for your help, it is much appreciated. 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2017

Or way simpler using standard Confluence ..... set up a Space with "Anonymous Users" which makes the Space just like a public web page ... the Anon Users have View only access (or whatever you decide), whilst you would allocate certain specific Users with the normal array of Permissions to create/edit content.  Of course you can work on content within your private Spaces and then copy them over to teh public access Space with a click or two .... smile

2 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 7, 2017

Hi Renato,

You cannot do so with a plain Confluence. You need an add-on, either you implement your own, or use one of the add-ons in the marketplace. 

A disclaimer, I work in Comalatech (Comala Workflows), the vendor of the add-on I'm about to recommend.

With Comala Share It you can generate public (but secure) links for your pages, posts or attachments. The person who receives this link, can access to the latest version of that page, post or attachment. There's no need for that person to have an account in your Confluence instance. It's like the "generate link" feature of Dropbox, which allows anyone to access to a single file.

With the email feature, you can send the public link to anyone by email. It allows you to set a deadline to expire links, admins have an overview of all the shared links (by space and globally), last time a link was accessed, etc.

Give it a try and let me know if that works for you,

Gorka 

0 votes
Renato March 7, 2017

Thanks a lot for both your answers. I will look into both options and make a decision. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events