Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to share a Knowledge Base between multiple business units?

Marcus Storre May 2, 2023

Hey everyone,

I think we have a simple use case but I am not sure if there is a simple solution for it. We are three business units, all using the Confluence Cloud with their own Confluence site.

We want to create a shared Knowledge Base.

Creating a new site and inviting all members would be too expensive for a simple use case like that. Also cost sharing would be a complicated issue, since we are three different companies with each their own accounting.

In ideal circumstances it should appear as just another space and following requirements should be fulfilled:

• Everyone should be able to access/create/share/edit Knowledge and Best Practices.
  • It should be accessible with the original Confluence Account of their organization.
  • Ideally it should be searchable through the Confluence search option.

Is there any other recommended way (if any?) on setting this up with confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

@Marcus Storre Having three different instances makes it very difficult.  

Here are a couple of options.  

Option 1 (I know this will not work but thought I would put it out there) - Consolidate into a single instance to better control access and keep costs down.  

Option 2 - Set up another instance in which you only provide very few individuals edit access.   You would need premium or enterprise licensing and then you make the instance public but protect it via IP Sec so only your employees from the three units can access it.  

Option 3 - Create a space in all three instances and then use this app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225377/space-sync-for-confluence-copy-publish-pages-over-sites?tab=overview&hosting=cloud   to keep them all in sync.  You would need to test and validate it to make sure it works.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events