Is there a way to retrieve user_key of a user from confluence REST API?

Nandu Kalidindi July 8, 2015

I am trying to get the user details of a particular user. I have email and username. Is there any REST Api endpoint that I can use to get the user_key?

2 answers

4 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2015

Hi Nandu,

You can use this URL and retrieve all the users information:

<confluence_url>/rest/prototype/1/search/user.json?max-results=10&query=<username>

Nandu Kalidindi July 9, 2015

Thank you very much. I have tried searching many documentations. Where is this documented? Could we rely on these prototype APIs? Also is there any endpoint which gives the complete user list?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

It's probably not documented. Atlassian's documentation is a bit lacking.

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2015

Hi Nandu,

Did search for this documentation? Maybe you can find it useful smile

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api/confluence-rest-api-examples

Nandu Kalidindi July 9, 2015

Thank you Viana. But, I was referring to documentation for the prototype API. I am not able to find it anywhere. Could you please point me to the exact location. Do you happen to know the endpoint for retrieving all the users in the system?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

Guilherme, the page you mention says nothing about how to get user information with the REST API. Honestly, Atlassian's public documentation for their API's is atrocious. You folks should really work on getting it in order. Take a note from the jQuery team for how to do good API documentation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events