It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to publish changes that you've made without publishing others' changes?

Upon trying to publish changes to a confluence page, I received a pop-up that if I publish I will also publish changes by another user. Is there a way to only publish your own changes? 

1 answer

No, it is expected behavior of Confluence Collaborative editing:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/collaborative-editing-858771779.html

Collaborative editing introduces a new type of draft, a shared draft. Previously, when you edited a page but didn't save it, Confluence would create a draft that was only visible to you (a personal draft). Now, Confluence creates a shared draft whenever anyone edits a page. All page editors work on this same shared draft, and it exists until someone publishes the page. 

I receive an error when trying to publish the other user's edits. The other user is getting the same error. "Unable to communicate with Server. Saving is not possible at the moment." The unpublished changes button at the top of the page is active. Any thoughts on how to get this page to publish?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

3,929 views 15 38
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you