Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to only included the updated content of a confluence page in the update notification?

Becky Gosden December 14, 2017

Hi,

Bit of a long shot, I've looked through the community pages and googled but can't seem to find an answer - I'm almost 100% sure we can't do what we need. But am giving it 1 more shot....

We have a wiki page that every time we update it, an email is sent to all the developers containing the whole page and not only the part updated.

The email’s size so far is 3 MB! This page can be updated multiple times a day. It has been updated so far 552 times.

For instance today this page was updated 6 times. So 7 developers received each 18 MB (that’s 126 MB in total in our servers today only!).

Is there a way to customize the notifications for this particular page so that the developers receive only the updated part and not the whole page by email?

The only thing I can think to do is to advise them to change to daily updates instead - however this then happens to all pages/spaces the developers are watching which may not be great if there are other pages where they do want more timely updates.

thanks

Beks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Hi Becky,

It sounds like the Show changed content option documented on: Email Notifications may help:

If you do not select this option, your notifications will include only the title of the page, and any comment the author made when updating the page.

That will apply to every page the users watch, not just the one page as you describe, but I wanted to let you know about it, in case it's helpful. I look forward to hearing what you think.

Cheers,

Ann

Becky Gosden December 20, 2017

Hi Ann

Many thanks for your advice; we've suggested the Show Change Content as well as Subscribe to Daily updates

Not quite what they wanted but I think it will suffice for now. 

A great feature would be if you could drill down on updates on a per page basis

thanks again

Becky

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

This suggestion ticket is open for more granular control over notifications: Disable notifications per-space (and perhaps per-page too)

Their use case is not to save email server space but rather to prevent secure data from being sent over email. I hope you will have time to comment on the ticket with your use case. You can also vote for the suggestion. Either one will add you to notifications so if the suggestion is included in a later version of Confluence you will know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events