Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to mark a version of an attachment in a way that it will appear on another page?

Stephen Angowski April 5, 2022

Hello Folks!

I am using Confluence to manage a list of tables that apply to multiple builds.  For example, Table 1 applies to both build 1.0 and 2.0.  Currently, I have a list of tables on a master tables page with labels applied to each attachment based on the build(s) it applies to.  For organized presentation to stakeholders, I have other pages for 1.0 Tables and 2.0 Tables that both use the attachments macro to look to the master tables page with the respective labels applied.  This means the 1.0 Tables page will only show the tables applicable to 1.0.  Each table has it's own version history on the master table page.

Here is roughly how it looks:

Page:  Master Tables

• Table 1 [label(s):  1_0, 2_0]  // Version(s):  5, 4, 3, 2, 1
  • Table 2 [label(s):  1_0, 2_0]  // Version(s):  2, 1
  • Table 3 [label(s):  2_0]         // Version(s):  4, 3, 2, 1
  • Table 4 [label(s):  1_0]         // Version(s):  1

Page:  1.0 Tables

• Table 1 [label(s):  1_0, 2_0]  // Version:  5
  • Table 2 [label(s):  1_0, 2_0]  // Version:  2
  • Table 4 [label(s):  1_0]         // Version:  1

Page:  2.0 Tables

• Table 1 [label(s):  1_0, 2_0]  // Version:  5
  • Table 2 [label(s):  1_0, 2_0]  // Version:  2
  • Table 3 [label(s):  2_0]         // Version:  4

The way I have this set up works for current builds, but once tables are updated beyond the current builds, I will lose the history on the 1.0 and 2.0 Tables pages.  If I could label each version explicitly, this would solve the problem, however, I cannot do that natively.  Another option would be to upload multiple instances of the tables and append the titles with v1, v2, etc. vice allowing Confluence to handle the version control.

Has anyone else confronted a similar situation?  How did you overcome this challenge?

Thanks!

Stephen

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events