Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to mark a confluence page as up to date and then generate a macro to keep track

We use a confluence space for our knowledge base and use the Jira Service Desk to point to that space. our knowledge base is partially outdated in some areas and I want a way to mark pages as up to date.

The second half will be tracking the pages that need to be updated.

I have tried to do this through Labels and then running a page properties report in a different space but I cannot get this to work.  The problem I am getting is that we used Labels in the past so pages have multiple labels which are not ideal to "quickly" keep an eye on which is out of date/up to date. This also does not show the test page that I was trying the label on which completely invalidated the report.

I have tried multiple ways of doing this but the simple replication test I tried was as follows:

Create Page Properties Report macro. 

assign the label to identify up to date articles ("reviewed_2022")

Assign the Space  ("Knowledge Base")

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.33.18.png

Set columns to show ("Article Type, Features, Platform Version, Short Description")

Tick Show Labels

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.33.25.png

but nothing shows up with that report despite the fact that I have assigned one page with that Label.

I set the page label by clicking the bottom right- I did not do any other steps

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.34.02.png

Macro is empty though Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.36.17.png

I have added general Labels like "KB" or "KB-How-To-Article" which populates the macro and I also added these labels to the page but It showed everything but this label. 

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.38.18.png

Wondering if I was adding a label wrong (i have just been clicking the Tab at the bottom right of the confluence page) but other members of the team said this is how they have been doing it. however, all of the confluence pages were written before the "new" confluence page where a thing

Is there a more efficient way of doing this and if not, can I actually get it to work this way?

Open to any solutions to get to the end result:

A report/macro to track pages that are up to date

2 answers

Hi @James Pearson

Adrian here, CEO of B1NARY. As mentioned by @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ we developed Breeze for Content Lifecycle Management in Confluence Cloud.

Our app helps to

• identify outdated pages
  • establish review workflows
  • archive pages that are no longer needed

and thereby remove Confluence clutter for more efficient teamwork.

If you'd like to discuss your use case or have a personal demo, feel free to schedule an appointment.

All the best, Adrian

0 votes

Hi @James Pearson 

I found this bug - CONFCLOUD-73331 - which states the labels weren't working until a few hours later.

Does the Page Properties Macro still not work after waiting sometime (eg. overnight)?

For alternatives - I would consider...

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

335 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you