Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to mark a confluence page as up to date and then generate a macro to keep track

James Pearson March 25, 2022

We use a confluence space for our knowledge base and use the Jira Service Desk to point to that space. our knowledge base is partially outdated in some areas and I want a way to mark pages as up to date.

The second half will be tracking the pages that need to be updated.

I have tried to do this through Labels and then running a page properties report in a different space but I cannot get this to work.  The problem I am getting is that we used Labels in the past so pages have multiple labels which are not ideal to "quickly" keep an eye on which is out of date/up to date. This also does not show the test page that I was trying the label on which completely invalidated the report.

I have tried multiple ways of doing this but the simple replication test I tried was as follows:

Create Page Properties Report macro. 

assign the label to identify up to date articles ("reviewed_2022")

Assign the Space  ("Knowledge Base")

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.33.18.png

Set columns to show ("Article Type, Features, Platform Version, Short Description")

Tick Show Labels

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.33.25.png

but nothing shows up with that report despite the fact that I have assigned one page with that Label.

I set the page label by clicking the bottom right- I did not do any other steps

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.34.02.png

Macro is empty though Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.36.17.png

I have added general Labels like "KB" or "KB-How-To-Article" which populates the macro and I also added these labels to the page but It showed everything but this label. 

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 16.38.18.png

Wondering if I was adding a label wrong (i have just been clicking the Tab at the bottom right of the confluence page) but other members of the team said this is how they have been doing it. however, all of the confluence pages were written before the "new" confluence page where a thing

Is there a more efficient way of doing this and if not, can I actually get it to work this way?

Open to any solutions to get to the end result:

A report/macro to track pages that are up to date

3 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

The Better Content Archiving for Confluence app will 100% automate this process for you!

It can mark all pages that haven't been updated for N days as "Outdated". Then let you make it "Up-to-make" again by editing the content or confirming that the content is still valid and relevant and requires no update. And it will repeatedly scan your pages and refresh the status in every 4 hours in the background.

You can also display the status above the page:

content-status-indicator-cloud.gif

And it does a lot more (documentation) to guarantee that your content will never be outdated in the future.

(Discl. it is a supported and paid app developed for 15 years by our team.)

0 votes
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2022

Hi @James Pearson

Adrian here, CEO of B1NARY. As mentioned by @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ we developed Breeze for Content Lifecycle Management in Confluence Cloud.

It seems to be a perfect fit for your use case in being a full content lifecycle management solution for Confluence Cloud and implementing review and archiving workflows for keeping your pages up-to-date.

3.gif

Breeze features

• automated content analyses,
  • page review and archiving workflows,
  • page and space ownership,
  • reports and notifications,
  • bulk archiving and deletion,
  • analytics,
  • data export for all your content, ownership, and status information
  • and more to update outdated pages quickly and enhance collaboration.

👉 Feel free to give it a try, or schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers and all the best, Adrian

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2022

Hi @James Pearson 

I found this bug - CONFCLOUD-73331 - which states the labels weren't working until a few hours later.

Does the Page Properties Macro still not work after waiting sometime (eg. overnight)?

For alternatives - I would consider...

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events