Is there a way to make a blog post required?

Hello!

We are transitioning to Confluence and would like to know if there's a way to mark a blog post or page as required reading. For example, display the post/page everytime the user logs in until they acknowledge that they've read it. I would also need a history of who has accepted the post/page.

Essentially, we're trying to think through whether or not we can use Confluence to push out HR policies/changes.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Kimberely,

I'm with Comalatech, one of the Atlassian add-on vendors. We have an add-on called Comala Workflows that may be able to provide the functionality you're looking for. Using Workflow's task system along with Confluence's audit log you should be able to create a system that works for your situation. I would note as well that we're currently working on a feature enhancement for the product to provide the exact function you've described; if you're interested in receiving updates regarding the upgrade please feel free to create a support ticket and we'll keep you informed. 

Another option would be to take a look at our friends at Service Rocket and their add-on Knowledge Pathways for Confluence. It has built-in tracking of employee progress on Confluence pages.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help further!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

85 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you