Is there a way to lock the TOC, while permitting standard edits on pages?

Colin Colwell July 25, 2022

We like to provide edit rights to our supported teams, but I would like to PREVENT any changes to the TOC. It's too easy to move things by accident. What would be very helpful is a permission for TOC edits that's separate from the standard Edit/create rights.

Is there any way to do this?

If no, sure would be a nice upgrade for Atlassian to add in for us.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2022

Whether you've manually created a TOC on your page, or your using the TOC or TOC zone macros, if a user has edit rights to the page they'll be able to modify the TOC. 

Colin Colwell July 26, 2022

Right, and therein is the problem!

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2022

Yup I agree with you a more granular permission for Space/Page permissions would be nice. I see you've submitted suggestion CONFCLOUD-74323 about this, so I've started the ball rolling by adding my vote to it.

Like Colin Colwell likes this
0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2022

Hello @Colin Colwell , not sure if you mean page-level ToC, the ToC in the left-hand navigation panel, or the ToC when you export a document to PDF.

As @Connor , it would be hard to do as anyone with edit rights can rename headings (or pages). There is a more complex solution that involves a third-party macro that would allow user to see only the published version. But then again, anyone with edit rights could make changes that will go out with the next published version.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events