Is there a way to links pages between spaces?

Jill Rydberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 27, 2020

My company is creating spaces for each department and within the spaces, we have pages that include different word documents each department needs. Some departments use the same documents and I'm wondering if there's a way to link pages between spaces so that 

1. We only have to upload the document once

2. If we need to update the document, we only have to do it  in one place

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2020

Hi @Jill Rydberg ,

You can use the Include Page macro to display the contents of one Confluence page or blog post in another page or blog post. Any changes to the original page are automatically reflected wherever it is included.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/include-page-macro-139514.html

TIM截图20200428103801.png

Jill Rydberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2020

This is exactly what I needed, thank you so much for your help!!

Scott Welker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 25, 2024

Transclusion (Include Page macro) is a powerful knowledge management tool. I use it often. Nice!

However, sometimes you just want to "link pages between spaces." Having migrated from an older on-prem. Confluence to the newer cloud version, It wasn't immediately clear what the "proper way" to do this is. I see now that "Insert Link (Ctrl+K)" and then Search or Recently Viewed seems to be it. I was expecting it to be under Advanced. I was a tad confused and landed here.

• Although, I don't yet see how specify an an anchor link, e.g. #anchorname to a specific section of the linked space/page.
  • Also this hint seems to no longer work "Hint: type "[" in the editor to see a list of suggested pages and insert a link."

Still figuring out this new version :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events