Is there a way to link cards on a Confluence canvas to specific JIRA issues?

jj pitrelli September 4, 2018

I would like to link the issues in my team's JIRA backlog directly to our Kanban board in Confluence.  I was wondering if there was a way to establish a connection between the spaces where JIRA issues can automatically become a card that sits in the backlog section of our Kanban. I'm not sure if this functionality already exists, or if it's something that is currently on Atlassian's roadmap for future releases. Please let me know if anyone has achieved this or has a similar work-around. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2018

Hi @jj pitrelli-

This can be done by adding the "Agile Wallboard Gadget" macro to your Confluence page. This gadget allows Confluence to display both Scrum and Kanban boards.

To accomplish this, you need to establish an application link and subscribe to the JIRA Application's gadget feed first. See Linking to Another Application and Registering External Gadgets for more information. 

I hope that helps. 

best,
Kris 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events