Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to include the Published page when you send email as part of workflow ?

mani kj May 14, 2021

I have Comala publishing plugin enabled as part of an approval workflow . When a page is approved , I automatically publish them to new space and email the author & approvers. 

In this email, currently I'm including @page@ option to say what page is published from Draft space.  Problem is when the author clicks on the page link from email, it is taking them to Draft space. Is there a parameter in workflow which can represent the page link of Published space ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Hi @mani kj 

Welcome to the community! In this case you need to add a custom workflow to your published space to generate the notifications. This workflow does not need to have states, For example:

{workflow:name=Notifications}
{trigger:pagecreated}
{send-email:user=confluence-users|subject=New page added to approved space}
@page@ has been added to the approved space
{send-email}
{trigger}
{trigger:pageupdated}
{send-email:user=confluence-users|subject=Page update in approved space}
@page@ has been updated in approved space
{send-email}
{trigger}
{workflow}

Note that you'll need additional events for blog posts (newscreated and newsupdated) if required,  see https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDML/Events#Events-Contentchanges

If you need any further support with this use case or any other, please reach out to our Customer Success team at https://support.comalatech.com

All the best

James
Senior Product Manager

mani kj May 17, 2021

James,

Thanks for the response.  This will help. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events