Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to include single parts of a page into another page?

Anna Asendorf November 13, 2020

Hi everyone, 

I have following problem: within our company we would like to build an internal overview page of all the processes, team updates etc. 
As our pages are very huge and to include the whole page into the small layouts for the overview page it is too much.
Is there a way to only include single parts of the specific page like columns or only one layout layer? I tried to use the excerpt include macro for this but the explanation page from Atlassian doesn't bring me further. Hope anyone of you knows a little trick maybe :) Many thanks! 

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Hi @Anna Asendorf , 

it is possible to include some part of another page in Confluence.

To do this, you should first include the text from your first page in the macro Excerpt.

Then, on the second page, you will use the macro Excerpt Include to get the text from the first page.

This way you can show on your overview page only a small part of another page.

You can have a look at the different steps here in the documentation : https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/excerpt-include-macro-148067.html

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Anna Asendorf November 13, 2020

Hi Alexis, 

thanks for your quick response! I see, does that mean there is no way to build the excerpt around an existing table? Instead I have to include e.g  a new table to the excerpt macro?

Cheers, Anna

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Hi @Anna Asendorf , 

it is possible to include tables in the Excerpt macro, if you have have data already you can just copy/paste it in the macro.

Like Roxana Meyer likes this
1 vote
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

I can also recommend the multiexcerpt macro.  As the name implies, it allows you to create multiple named excerpts on a single page that can be used anywhere. I often create a page with multiple blocks of reusable content that I can pull in where I need them, but have all the excerpts controlled from a single page.

0 votes
Graham Carrick March 4, 2024

I was also trying to solve this at one point in the past so i built an app to do it and some other features relating to includes like showing inline comments on the included content.

If you are interested have a look at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1230774?tab=overview&hosting=cloud 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events