Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to hide "updates" from specific users when they log in to Confluence?

Tanner Sullie September 15, 2017

There are users we have created that are customers with restricted access. I've noticed that though they cannot access the content, they can still see activity (updates). Is there anyway to hide this from them or change their landing page?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2017

Tanner, you may change the landing page for the whole instance globally or just for that space. Each user can also change the landing page in their profile under Settings.

Please double check the permissions on the spaces where the pages are located which restricted users can see on the dashboard. If they do not have access to a page they should not be seeing updates for it, as @James Dellow mentioned.

Stéphan Champagne August 8, 2019

This doesn't help me. I would like users to see only the updates for the pages they have access to.

1 vote
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2017

What updates are they seeing?

Unless they have access to something they shouldn't see updates as they are security trimmed, so they won't even know it exists.

0 votes
Brian_Adkins October 10, 2017

I see the same thing here .... Logging in as a new user with only access to Confluence "Space B", I immediately see activity from Confleunce "Space A" ... even though I can not access that other space

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events