Is there a way to hide "updates" from specific users when they log in to Confluence?

There are users we have created that are customers with restricted access. I've noticed that though they cannot access the content, they can still see activity (updates). Is there anyway to hide this from them or change their landing page?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Oct 10, 2017

Tanner, you may change the landing page for the whole instance globally or just for that space. Each user can also change the landing page in their profile under Settings.

Please double check the permissions on the spaces where the pages are located which restricted users can see on the dashboard. If they do not have access to a page they should not be seeing updates for it, as @James Dellow mentioned.

What updates are they seeing?

Unless they have access to something they shouldn't see updates as they are security trimmed, so they won't even know it exists.

I see the same thing here .... Logging in as a new user with only access to Confluence "Space B", I immediately see activity from Confleunce "Space A" ... even though I can not access that other space

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

56 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you