Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to have JIRA comments show in Confluence?

I was trying to look through this forum for updated information (not from 2013 or 2017, like this post and linked articles: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/show-jira-comments-in-confluence-space/qaq-p/631030)

But am not seeing anything.  Anyone know if there is a way for me to get the comments on a linked JIRA issue to show in confluence?  Would be great to be able to do this to more easily work on project pages in confluence that have JIRAs linked to them.  That way we are not doubling efforts putting a comment on a JIRA then copying it over to Confluence

1 answer

2 votes
Shannon S Atlassian Team Jun 21, 2019

Hello Christina,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

It's not possible within Confluence, but we do have two feature requests for this:

• CONFSERVER-32764 ability to view JIRA comments in Confluence
  • CONFSERVER-28700 Request to include comments in JIRA Issues Macro and the ability to have a "last commented" column

If you vote on them, you'll automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive any updates on this in the future.

Otherwise, you can try to embed the issue with an iFrame, but the user will also need access to the project and issue in Jira in order to see it. 

As for searching through Community for more recent answers, I like to use Google for this. For example, you can limit Google search results to site:community.atlassian.com, and furthermore use the Tools menu to specify a time frame:

Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 15.54.58.png

Let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S Atlassian Team Jun 21, 2019

Hello Christina,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

It's not possible within Confluence, but we do have two feature requests for this:

• CONFSERVER-32764 ability to view JIRA comments in Confluence
  • CONFSERVER-28700 Request to include comments in JIRA Issues Macro and the ability to have a "last commented" column

If you vote on them, you'll automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive any updates on this in the future.

Otherwise, you can try to embed the issue with an iFrame, but the user will also need access to the project and issue in Jira in order to see it. 

As for searching through Community for more recent answers, I like to use Google for this. For example, you can limit Google search results to site:community.atlassian.com, and furthermore use the Tools menu to specify a time frame:

Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 15.54.58.png

Let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

@Shannon S  I would think that this would be a "must have" enhancement to promote Confluence as the go-to option for project status pages. Especially a last comment attribute. 

I have already voted up the enhancement ticket you shared above. 

What more can you help with to get this prioritized ? 

Like # people like this

At this point, it is more than obvious that, if you think it's a good idea, it will be in the marketplace, and NOT EVER introduced or actually considered by Atlassian. 

The above issues were raised in 2019, and are still "future considerations" and "gathering interest". 

Atlassian has NO interest in making their products more robust, unless you are paying for it in the marketplace. On top of what they already charge you for the product. 

It's like being sold a vehicle. But the vehicle was sold to you with 4 spare tires to drive on, and a milk crate seat to sit on. Everything you want to do that isn't a primary feature is an add-on.

• Highway rated tires? Yearly add-on.
  • Keyed ignition switch? Yearly add-on.
  • Windshield? Yearly add-on.
  • Door locks? Yearly add-on. 
  • SPEEDOMETER? Yep. Yearly add-on. 
  • Other gauges? Each of them... yearly add-on. 
  • Radio? *sigh* ... YEARLY add-on.

And, NOTHING comes with a one-time fee. No. It's ALL yearly. FOREVER. Want borders around your table in their flagship wiki product? YEARLY ADD-ON! YAY! We get to PAY... to have table formatting! IN A WIKI PRODUCT... WE ALREADY PAID FOR!!! YEARLY! 

If that doesn't sew seeds of discontent, I really don't know what would.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events