Is there a way to have JIRA comments show in Confluence?

Christina Kokoros June 18, 2019

I was trying to look through this forum for updated information (not from 2013 or 2017, like this post and linked articles: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/show-jira-comments-in-confluence-space/qaq-p/631030)

But am not seeing anything.  Anyone know if there is a way for me to get the comments on a linked JIRA issue to show in confluence?  Would be great to be able to do this to more easily work on project pages in confluence that have JIRAs linked to them.  That way we are not doubling efforts putting a comment on a JIRA then copying it over to Confluence

1 answer

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2019

Hello Christina,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

It's not possible within Confluence, but we do have two feature requests for this:

• CONFSERVER-32764 ability to view JIRA comments in Confluence
  • CONFSERVER-28700 Request to include comments in JIRA Issues Macro and the ability to have a "last commented" column

If you vote on them, you'll automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive any updates on this in the future.

Otherwise, you can try to embed the issue with an iFrame, but the user will also need access to the project and issue in Jira in order to see it. 

As for searching through Community for more recent answers, I like to use Google for this. For example, you can limit Google search results to site:community.atlassian.com, and furthermore use the Tools menu to specify a time frame:

Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 15.54.58.png

Let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2019

Hello Christina,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

It's not possible within Confluence, but we do have two feature requests for this:

• CONFSERVER-32764 ability to view JIRA comments in Confluence
  • CONFSERVER-28700 Request to include comments in JIRA Issues Macro and the ability to have a "last commented" column

If you vote on them, you'll automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive any updates on this in the future.

Otherwise, you can try to embed the issue with an iFrame, but the user will also need access to the project and issue in Jira in order to see it. 

As for searching through Community for more recent answers, I like to use Google for this. For example, you can limit Google search results to site:community.atlassian.com, and furthermore use the Tools menu to specify a time frame:

Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 15.54.58.png

Let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Deepak Jhangiani November 13, 2020

@Shannon S  I would think that this would be a "must have" enhancement to promote Confluence as the go-to option for project status pages. Especially a last comment attribute. 

I have already voted up the enhancement ticket you shared above. 

What more can you help with to get this prioritized ? 

Like # people like this
John Corwith February 8, 2023

One thing Atlassian is doing it creating opportunities for individual developers to create a product/functionality and market it to the community. I admire this but on the other hand, having all the add-on costs sucks. We have the largest license where I work so any add-ons are expensive.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events