Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to have ConfiForm actions take place on submit without using IFTTT?

Deleted user May 26, 2021

I have a form that has rules set to hide/display fields based on changes to other fields. I would like these changes to take place on submit rather than when the user makes the choice. Is there a way to achieve that without using IFTTT onModified feature? There seems to be no difference when I select/deselect the 'Execute only on user action.'

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

The option 'Execute only on user action' tells ConfiForms if it should process or ignore this rule on the form load (ignored if checked).

When checked, the rule will be executed when the field it is bound to (first parameter in the macro) changes it's value

Alex

Deleted user May 26, 2021

So I must use an IFTTT then OK. I get nervous using too many of them.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Each IFTTT execution "costs" - especially the ones that use external systems, such as Jira or databses.

The less is the better. Try setting up an IFTTT to update multiple fields at once and makes sure you set it not to fire the "corresponding event", unless you really need that

Remember that the update to ConfiForms record fires an onModified event!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events