Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to group text by theme?

David Calvo December 9, 2021

I'm absolutely new to Confluence so please excuse me if this question is simplistic.

As I'm taking meeting notes, I'd like to "tag" (I'm not sure if this is the correct term) pieces of information so that I can group or search them later. For example, I may take notes on what various people say and "tag" the note with the project to which it would later apply. It would look like this:

• Ted: Blah Blah (Tag: Project 1)
  • Fred: Blah Blah (Tag: Project 2)
  • Ned: Blah Blah (Tag: Project 1)

Then later I would like to run some report or filter to pull the notes associated with Project 1.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

@David Calvo - welcome David! I'd read about labels:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/use-labels-to-organize-your-content/

Add one or more labels to each page, then use macros to see a heatmap of popular labels, or list the labels within a given wiki space.

Hope this helps.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

p.s. it may not do exactly what you're describing in your original question, but it's a start.

David Calvo December 9, 2021

Thank you. I started with labels as I was initially exploring the functionality but it seems too high-level.

From what I saw, the labels can be applied to a page or attachment. But I would like to apply multiple "labels" to various pieces of information within a single page.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2021

@David Calvo - ah, gotcha!

I like the idea of tagging specific globs of page content. Haven't seen that functionality anywhere - Atlassian Marketplace apps I've seen are centered around wiki pages, adding page metadata via fields, etc.

Ever play with the Task Report macro? It's a closer approximation of what you're describing - add Tasks to a page, assigning a Task to a person, then pull a Task Report (macro) based on criteria you care about.

You wouldn't have the Project dimension - as Label (if you used it) would only scope Tasks pulled based on the page/s where Tasks are found.

Hopefully others on Atlassian Community have ideas for you to explore!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events