Is there a way to get all permissions for a given space through the XML-RPC API?

Larry Archer November 19, 2013

In the XML-RPC API, there's a "getPermissions" method

From https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Remote+Confluence+Methods

Vector<String> getPermissions(String token, String spaceKey) - Returns a Vector of Strings representing the permissions the current user has for this space (a list of "view", "modify", "comment" and / or "admin").

But those four don't map 1-to-1 with the permissions you can set for groups or users on the Space Permissions page. Is there a way to get ALL the permissions a given user has on a given space?

For example, is there a way to check if anonymous users on a certain space have the "EDITBLOG" permission set?

With other API methods (removeAnonymousPermissionFromSpace and addAnonymousPermissionsToSpace) I'm able to add or remove anonymous permissions, but I don't see a way to check what the current anonymous permissions are at the same level of detail. If "comment" is returned by getPermissions, I know the user can post comments ... but if anonymous users can post blog entried ("EDITBLOG") nothing extra is returned in getPermissions (only "view").

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

How to get all space permissions shows a way to use the Confluence CLI to get this type of information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events