Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get a list of pages within a space, and their associated labels?

ice-ccull June 2, 2015

We have about 100 "content" pages in a space (today). When we create "content" pages, we are supposed to attach 4 labels and keep them updated, and then I have "grouping" pages that use the "Page Properties report Macro" to display "content" pages matching a specific label.

The issue and risk I am finding is that it's possible that if labels aren't updated (or even worse, were never attached), "content" pages could get lost if they never show up in the "grouping" pages.

Is there a way to see any of these lists?:

• all pages in a space that do not have a label
  • all pages in a space that does not have one of these labels (Label_a, Label_b)
  • all pages in a space, with their labels listed beside them
  • all pages in a space, with their labels and page properties 

Thank you.

We're using Confluence 5.5.2.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ice-ccull June 2, 2015
  1. I was able to create a User Macro to display all pages in the space that do not have a label.  Here is the code:

## @noparams
    #set($containerManagerClass=$action.class.forName('com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager'))
    #set($getInstanceMethod=$containerManagerClass.getDeclaredMethod('getInstance',null))
    #set($containerManager=$getInstanceMethod.invoke(null,null))
    #set($containerContext=$containerManager.containerContext)

## the pageManager gives you access to the pages
    #set($pageManager =$containerContext.getComponent('pageManager'))

<b>Unlabeled pages in space $space.name<b>
        <ul>
        #foreach( $page in $pageManager.getPages( $space, true) )  

#if( $page.labels.size() == 0 )
                   <li><a href="$req.contextPath$page.urlPath">$page.title</a></li>
            #end
        #end
        </ul>
  2. I was able to create a User Macro to display all pages in the space and their associated labels.

## @noparams
    #set($containerManagerClass=$action.class.forName('com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager'))
    #set($getInstanceMethod=$containerManagerClass.getDeclaredMethod('getInstance',null))
    #set($containerManager=$getInstanceMethod.invoke(null,null))
    #set($containerContext=$containerManager.containerContext)

## the pageManager gives you access to the pages
    #set($pageManager =$containerContext.getComponent('pageManager'))

<b>Pages in space $space.name and their associated labels.<b>
        <ul>
        #foreach( $page in $pageManager.getPages( $space, true) )  

<li><a href="$req.contextPath$page.urlPath">$page.title</a> - $page.labels</li>
        #end
        </ul>

RWilburn March 23, 2021

I know it's been a few years since you posted this... Thank you! It is very helpful! I am using the one that lists the labels associated with each page, and it works great!

I would also like to be able to see a list of pages associated with each label. The Labels list macro does this, but I'd like to see the list of pages without having to click each label. It seems like it should be simple to modify your code above to do that, but I am struggling with it. Is there any way you could help with this?

Thank you!!

ice-ccull March 24, 2021

Honestly, 

I probably haven't looked at this since 2015. Hopefully someone else can help or there's additional guidance out there. 

I am glad to hear that I was able to contribute somewhat positively though!

Good luck finding a way to get what you're looking for!

Chad

RWilburn March 25, 2021

LOL! I thought it was a long-shot after so many years. Thank you for replying, though! And, yes, your macro is very helpful for sure!

Thank you!

Rhoda

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events