Is there a way to get a css file or cdn for the default confluence theme?

Victor Hernandez April 19, 2018

I'm using the API to get my confluence content but the styles are obviously not there. The theme API doesn't seem like it would help based on the response I got. Is there a place to get the CSS or even a CDN for it?

2 answers

0 votes
codemaestro April 7, 2019

Seems there's a known bug that's been reported and not resolved over several releases. The workaround since 2016 has been to recompile the stylesheet through a LESS processor: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-39221?focusedCommentId=903710&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-903710

0 votes
thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2018

Hi, V H,

Are you using Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server? 

Victor Hernandez May 1, 2018

I'm using confluence cloud

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2018

You may export the space or pages from the space in HTML format, that will include the styles. You can get there via Space settings>Content Tools>Export or URL <Your_URL.atlassian.net>/wiki/spaces/exportspacehtml.action?key=<spacekey>:

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 3.00.58 PM.png

Victor Hernandez May 2, 2018

Exporting was going to be the original approach. The problem with exporting is that anytime any of the docs change you'd have to manually export it to get the updated content which is why leveraging the API is the better approach for my needs. So based on these answers, the original answer to my question is that there is no CDN or downloadable css file for the styles correct? 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2018

I was thinking you could glean the styles from the export (seen below) and the content from the API, forgive me if I am misunderstanding:

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 2.38.10 PM.png

Victor Hernandez May 3, 2018

I had high hopes for this one :( Within that stylesheet there's an import for 'global': `@import './imports/global'` which doesn't seem to be defined in the export files. 

Like Scott Eikenberry likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events