Is there a way to generate a dynamic URL using Confluence page content?

Dave Lines December 9, 2020

Hi All,

I'd like to add a link to an external website on a Confluence page using info from the same page to populate the link. Here's my example:

1. I have a table on a Confluence page with some data.

2. I want to use data for a specific cell in that table to generate a link that looks something like this: example.com/[table data].

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

-Dave

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Dave Lines ,

Our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Transformer macro from the version 6.3.0 provide a wiki markdown feature that covers your case.

Here we have a list of use cases collected from our customers (conditional formatting, changing alignment, adding statuses, etc.) and the last one is your case - how to create clickable links from multiple text pieces from Confluence tables put together.

Please check this abstract: here you'll find an example with step-by-step screenshots.

There we use two tables to create links, but for you case the SQL query will be even more simple:

Thu 2-1.pngThu 2-2.pngSELECT T1.'Name', T1.'Phone Number', T1.'City',
FORMATWIKI("[" + CONCAT("https://example.com/", T1.'City') + "]") AS 'Workspace',
FORMATWIKI("[The link|" + CONCAT("https://example.com/", T1.'City') + "]") AS 'Workspace 2'
FROM T1

Thu 2-3.pngHope this helps your case.

Dave Lines December 10, 2020

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ - thanks for your reply. It looks like your app would do what I need to do, but we just bought one app so we can't buy another one right now.

-DL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events