Is there a way to freeze confluence pages?

Hello!

I started yesterday with Confluence.

I have a question concerning all pages created. Is there a way to freeze pages, so that no changes can be made for example after a release or something like that?

Thanks for your answers

Bye

Kristin

1 answer

Page restrictions allow you to control who can view and/or edit individual pages in a space - for details have a look on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Page+Restrictions!

Regards,
Norbert

Hi Norbert, I don't know if Kristin has the same thing in mind but I am searching for a solution that the page freezes completely for example dynamic content will be preserved as viewed on the date of the freeze. Thanks, Carl

I don't think there's a way to do that. By definition, dynamic content is loaded dynamically. Actually, Confluence pages are always loaded dynamically -- they don't exist in their rendered state before you request them. You'd need to copy the display HTML or generate a PDF to preserve what you saw at a particular moment.

Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 10, 2015

@Carl Frendo, what sort of dynamic content are you talking about?

I was thinking about user macros.

Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 23, 2015

To loop back here Carl, I don't think it's possible. User Macros, as we know, are written in Velocity, which is by nature a dynamically-generated collection of content. I don't see an add-on that does what we're looking for, although you could likely achieve it in a hacky way by copy+pasting from the DISPLAY-view of the page (opposed to copying from the editor).

Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 23, 2015

It also shouldn't be terribly difficult to achieve over API since you can ask Confluence for the rendered page, obtain HTML, and then feed that HTML into a new page.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

699 views 21 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you