Is there a way to freeze confluence pages?

Kristin Scheucher June 9, 2015

Hello!

I started yesterday with Confluence.

I have a question concerning all pages created. Is there a way to freeze pages, so that no changes can be made for example after a release or something like that?

Thanks for your answers

Bye

Kristin

1 answer

2 votes
Norbert Janssens June 9, 2015

Page restrictions allow you to control who can view and/or edit individual pages in a space - for details have a look on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Page+Restrictions!

Regards,
Norbert

Carl Frendo June 10, 2015

Hi Norbert, I don't know if Kristin has the same thing in mind but I am searching for a solution that the page freezes completely for example dynamic content will be preserved as viewed on the date of the freeze. Thanks, Carl

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

I don't think there's a way to do that. By definition, dynamic content is loaded dynamically. Actually, Confluence pages are always loaded dynamically -- they don't exist in their rendered state before you request them. You'd need to copy the display HTML or generate a PDF to preserve what you saw at a particular moment.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

@Carl Frendo, what sort of dynamic content are you talking about?

Carl Frendo June 15, 2015

I was thinking about user macros.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2015

To loop back here Carl, I don't think it's possible. User Macros, as we know, are written in Velocity, which is by nature a dynamically-generated collection of content. I don't see an add-on that does what we're looking for, although you could likely achieve it in a hacky way by copy+pasting from the DISPLAY-view of the page (opposed to copying from the editor).

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2015

It also shouldn't be terribly difficult to achieve over API since you can ask Confluence for the rendered page, obtain HTML, and then feed that HTML into a new page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events