Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to enable search for keywords that are hidden from view (within dropdowns)?

jasmine.zapanta August 30, 2020

To clarify, on Screenshot 1 below, I tried to find an item but it showed 0/0 results.  However, on Screenshot 2, it is showing one result but I needed to toggle the Internal Water Filter dropdown first.  This is limiting my ability to effectively and efficiently search, as I have to open all collapsed dropdowns first to enable a thorough search.

Please help.  Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 1.JPGScreenshot 2Screenshot 2.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2020

Hello,

As far as I know, there is no way to search within a specific page using keywords the way you tried to if you are using dropdown macros, at least without using Add-Ons.

On the other hand, there is the possibility to search for a specific keyword on Confluence using the "Livesearch" macro. This macro will search between all the pages of a given Confluence space you can specify in the macro, and return a list of the pages containing this keyword, even if "hidden" under a collapsed dropdown.

However, this search won't allow you to navigate directly to the part of the document containing the keyword, only to the page containing it. 

If this doesn't fully satisfy your needs, you can search the Atlassian market place for a specific Add-On allowing the functionality you're looking for like the following instance :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219953/highlight-search-result-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

A ticket has been created concerning the highlighting of searches in Confluence, which is currently in the "gathering interest" status therefore not coming soon, you can follow its evolution thanks to the following link :

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-6174?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=6e03bf58-baeb-4e64-8c00-9ba215cebdd9

Hoping my answer will help you,

Guilhem Dupuy

Atlassian Consultant

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events