Is there a way to embed a search bar in a Confluence page?

Yoav Einav April 19, 2022

We'd like to build a custom search bar in Confluence with an external source.
What's the best way to implement it?

2 answers

1 vote
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hi @Yoav Einav ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

We have a page tree search macro which will help you search through the confluence instance and give you the result. Is that what you are looking at ? I am not sure what exactly you mean by external source ?

In any case, go through the below page , which has info about page tree search macro

Insert-the-page-tree-search-macro 

Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Yoav Einav April 19, 2022

I'd like to index an external website and be able to search it within a confluence page
what's the best way?

0 votes
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Yoav Einav 

iFinder Confluence Search is the solution you are looking for. This is a high quality Enterprise Search solution for Confluence and is available at Atlassian Marketplace.

This enterprise search solution delivers top results based on linguistic analysis and offers many additional features.  With this technology it is possible to connect other data sources and applications (websites, Jira, Sharepoint, file shares, and many more).

With one search query in Confluence, all connected sources can be searched. 

Additional to the search ui, you can place also a result list and searchbar on a Confluence site - with the iFinder Search Macro (part of iFinder Confluence Search).

These articles may help you:

Let me know, if you need further information or like to get a demo first.

Best

Robby

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events