Is there a way to embed a Google Site page into Confluence? Edited

Hello,

My company has a lot of Google docs content that we are linking to with Confluence macros or migrating over... that part is pretty easy. But I cannot find a way to link Google Sites. 

I was excited to find a Widget Connector (description: Embed YouTube videos, Flickr, Twitter streams, Google Docs and other content from the web) but it does not seem to work for any URL. I also looked at the Iframe wiget but it too wasn't very useful.

We are using the [limited] Confluence Cloud version but if the self-hosted edition will help, that will be another reason to switch over.

BTW, I have looked at:
http://elatov.github.io/2014/07/migrate-google-sites-to-confluence/
https://code.google.com/archive/p/google-sites-liberation/

But converting the Google Site content is not practical. 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, Shawn,

At this moment, there is no way to embed a Google Site page into Confluence, although there is an open feature request for this functionality at CONFCLOUD-38192
- Create migration utility for Google Sites.

We suggest you add yourself as a watcher there to receive updates on status changes, voting onto increase its popularity.

Thank you Thais.

Sure, I added my name to the watch list but I don't expect to ever see this feature added. 

But I guess I am impressed to see any communication from an Atlassian team member. :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 30, 2018 in Confluence

How Manon Soubies-Camy uses Confluence + Trello to organize webinar notes and her knitting stash

@Manon Soubies-Camy is an engineer who has been an avid Atlassian user since 2014. She helps companies of all sizes transform the way they work with the Atlassian stack, including Jira and Confl...

860 views 8 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you